Division for Planetary Sciences Public Night
American Astronomical Society, Division for Planetary Sciences (DPS) is holding its annual meeting at the Pasadena Convention Center this week and will host a rare free public talk at the Convention Center.
- Public Access to Art Event: 6pm-7pm, Exhibit Hall B
- Chalk Art in front of Civic Center
- Public Talk: From the Edge of the Solar System and Beyond; The Exploration of Pluto by S. Alan Stern (Southwest Research Institute) and Brave New Worlds: The Planets in our Galaxy by Giovanna Tinetti (University College London), 7:00 pm ‐ 8:30 pm, Ballroom D
- Stargazing Event: 8:30 pm ‐ 10:00 pm, Pasadena Civic Auditorium Plaza
- Cosmos Award for Outstanding Public Presentation of Science: The Planetary Society created the Cosmos Award to honor innovators who follow in the tradition of presenting science and scientists in an accurate -- yet entertaining and engaging -- way. Previous recipients include: astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, filmmaker James Cameron, NOVA producer Paula Apsel and theoretical physicist/cosmologist Stephen Hawking.
Go Metro to this event. Plan your trip on metro.net.
Take a Lyft to #ILA2016 events this year! New users receive $50 in ride credit with the code: INNOVATELA
300 E Green St
Pasadena, CA 91101
Google map and directions